This article will help you manually setup your Microsoft Exchange account with Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013.
Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 must be installed on your computer. It is recommended you setup Outlook using Autodiscover, but Outlook can easily be configured manually if the Autodiscover service is not working properly.
Note: Setting up Outlook manually requires you to enter the Exchange server address, proxy server address and msstd address. Click the Server Settings button below and enter your email address and password to obtain the required Exchange settings.
Setup Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 Manually
- Click the Windows Start button then click Control Panel.
- Click the Mail icon. (Depending on your version of Windows, you may need to switch to Classic View or Icon view to find Mail. If using Windows x64, click the show 32-bit app folder then click Mail.)
- Click the Show Profiles button.
- Click the Add button to create a new profile.
- Enter a name for this profile, then click the OK button.
- In the Auto Account Setup window, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types then click Next.
- In the Choose Service window, select Microsoft Exchange then click Next.
- Enter the Microsoft Exchange server address (Obtained from the Server Settings button) and select the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
- In the User Name box, enter your full Email address, then click the More Settings button.
- Click the Connection tab. Under Outlook Anywhere, select the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box.
- Click the Exchange Proxy Settings button.
- Enter the Proxy Server address (Obtained from the Server Settings button) in the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange box.
- Check the Connect using SSL only and Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate check boxes and enter the msstd server address. (Obtained from the Server Settings button)
- Select the On fast networks and On slow networks check boxes.
- In the Proxy authentication settings, select Basic Authentication.
- Click OK, Apply, then OK one more time.
- Click the Check Name button in the Connect window, enter your Password and click the OK button.
Note: You may get a pop-up asking you to select your mailbox from a list. Select your mailbox and click the OK button.
Your name will be highlighted and a line will appear under the username field which indicates your profile has been configured. Click Next, then click Finish.