Microsoft Lync for Mac is the next generation unified communications application that helps users be more productive by enabling them to communicate and collaborate easily with others in different locations or time zones using a range of different communication options. These options include instant messaging (IM), voice, desktop sharing and video. To get started using Lync for Mac, download and install the Lync for Mac 2011 application.
The email address used for Microsoft Lync must be added to the Lync 2010 Server. If you have a problem signing into Lync, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lync for Mac 2011 requires Mac OS X v10.5.8 (Leopard) or a later version including Mac OS X v10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Mac OS X v10.7 (Lion)
Download Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011
- To download Lync for Mac 2011, click the download Lync button below and enter your email address and password.
Note: Lync for Mac does not work with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 or earlier versions.
- Once Lync has finished downloading, double-click the Lync Installer to start the installation.
- Click Continue on the Welcome to the Microsoft Lync for Mac Installer.
- Click Continue to accept the Microsoft Software License Agreement, then click Agree.
- Choose the installation location, then click Install.
- Click Finish to complete the Intallation.
Note: There is a known issue with OS 10.7.2 and the initial release of Lync for Mac 2011 that can cause Lync to crash repeatedly. It is recommended you run Microsoft AutoUpdate after Lync is installed to avoid any potential issues.