How to Enable Logging:
Follow these steps to enable logging:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the Other tab
- Click the Advanced Options button
- Click to select the Enable mail logging(troubleshooting) checkbox.
- Click OK to save the setting, and then return to the main Options screen
- Click OK.
- Close and restart Outlook.
From this point on, every time Outlook sends or receives messages, the communication that occurs between Outlook and the e-mail server is written to a log file.
NOTE: It is very important to disable logging after the logs have captured the failed communication with the server. If you do not disabled logging, the logs continue to grow indefinitely.
Log files are plain text and found in the following locations:
• POP3, SMTP, MAPI
The POP3, SMTP, MAPI transport types are written to a single log file in the following locations.
On Microsoft Windows XP, and Microsoft Windows 2000:
C:Documents and SettingsLocalSettingstempOPMLOG.LOG
• IMAP Logs
On Windows 2000:
C:Documents and Settings\LocalSettingstempOutlookLogging\IMAP0.LOG, MAP1.LOG, etc